Sunday 8 May 2011

Mother's Day

Best Blogger Tips
Yesterday, the Colac Football Netball Club held a Tickled Pink afternoon tea to celebrate the work the 'ladies' (mums/girlfriends/wives etc) do at the club. The event also raised funds for the Colac Well Women's Clinic.
I was honoured to be guest speaker, especially when I looked around the room at the amazing women present. I'd rather have heard their stories than shared mine, but a guest speaker can hardly interview the audience. The afternoon was terrific (And the football team won a tight match, so everyone was happy!).

 Here are the two quotes I mentioned during my speech, quotes which I return to both regularly to keep me on track!
The first is a Chinese proverb -
It's not what life does to you that is important, but what you do with what life does to you.
 The second quote I discovered on a postcard in a shop in St Kilda. That postcard lives above my computer, though I don't know the name of the author.

 
Courage - not the absence of fear or despair, but the strength to conquer them.

Happy Mother's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment