Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Big Stuff

Best Blogger Tips
 Since reading a few years ago, about the benefits of focusing on gratitude, I've been keeping a gratitude diary.
Each night before I go to sleep, I list at least five things that I'm grateful for. Some days the list fills a page, other days reaching five can be a challenge. (You know the days!).
My diary is nothing flash - a spiral bound notebook - and the entries are often scrawled and are always simple.
So today I thought I'd list a few things I'm grateful for, in no particular order...
  • Calls and messages from friends to say,'Thinking of you!'
  • Our resident frog's song during the drizzle.
  • My two year-old niece's comment 'It's my birthday next week. Don't forget!'
  • My daughter's delightful laugh, nearly always provoked by my husband's sense of humour.
  • My brother's hilarious Facebook posts.
  • My nephew's delight at finding green and purple berries on a bush.
  • Footy starts this week!!
  • Ideas coming together on the page.
  • Blue skies (just looked out my window)
For me, a pathological list keeper, a gratitude list helps me focus on the simple stuff - the important things in life. What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

Corinne King said...

Beautiful idea and lovely list of gratitudes Sue.
Wonderful blog post.

Sue Lawson said...

Thanks Corinne - keeps life in perspective. Did you enjoy the footy comment??? ;)

Post a Comment