Wednesday 15 June 2011

Dalai Llama

Best Blogger Tips
Two dear friends and I trundled off on Saturday to listen to His Holiness, the Dalai Lama speak at the Melbourne Convention Centre. It is  his last public speaking tour, making the event even more special.
Apart from his message - love, compassion, and truth - his impassioned speech about the importance of teachers and teaching, not just in schools, but in all areas of life, struck a real chord with me.I've spent the last couple of days, between editing, thinking about people who have shared their skill and knowledge with me and taught me so much. School teachers (Mrs Phillips, Miss Woodburn, Mr Samuel) lecturers (Frank Nolan)  family (Bruce, Court, Papa, Gran, Annie, Jan) and friends (Doobs, Kath, Kaye, KT, Corinne, Mab, AK, Glenn, Greg) So many generous people who have shared so much with me. So much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment