Tuesday 26 April 2011

Anzac Day

Best Blogger Tips









It's become a family tradition for us to spend Anzac Day at the MCG with dear friends. As much as I love the game,  the most important part of the day for me is the pre-match ceremony. The servicemen and women's lap of honour, the last post and minute's silence are truly moving. There is nothing like a capacity MCG crowd standing in silence, nor the roar that fills the ground after the national anthem.
I'm fortunate to have been to about 20 grand finals, but nothing, not even a Collingwood win (well...) compares to the atmosphere at the G on Anzac Day.
Before the game, as the servicemen and women past our seats, my 20-year-old friend turned to me and said, 'I just can't imagine what they have been through.'
The respect and admiration woven through each word is what Anzac Day is all about.
And a Collingwood win ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment