Tuesday 6 May 2008

Finding Darcy Launch

Best Blogger Tips









Well, Finding Darcy is officially out!

I was so lucky to have two launches. The the amazing Jackie French launched Darcy at the CBC Conference in Melbourne, and the multi-talented Lili Wilkinson did the honours at the Centre For Youth Literature's It's Different for Girls session.
Jackie's speech totally blew me away and for the first time in my life, I found myself speechless. Believe me, that's a rare day!
Huge thanks to Jackie and Lili for their enthusiasm and support.
I'm one very proud cookie!
The It's Different For Girls day was fantastic. It was somewhat overwhelming to be working with JC Burke, Julia Lawrinson and Maureen McCarthy. Not only are they sensational authors, but they are gorgeous people.
Before we spoke, Jenny and her girls from Monash uni performed pieces from our books. They did a fantastic job. We were thrilled to see our work dramatised.

Must say hi to Jenny and the crew, plus a big hi to the girls from Waverly and Drouin, particularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment